WOKING & Sam Beare Hospice has paid tribute to its fundraising “heroes’’ following a string of donations.
The latest so-called Hospice Heroes to gain a mention have raised thousands of pounds for the charity which provides free specialist palliative care to adults of all ages with life-limiting and terminal illnesses
A hospice spokesman said: “We would like to say a huge thank you to all our supporters, we can only continue to provide this care with a huge amount of local support, You are all our Hospice Hero’s.
Recent donations include:
- £12,000 from Clarity, who funded equipment in one of the in-patient rooms
- £5,000 from Green Oak Housing Association
- £2,000 from Ann Goodison, who made and sold jewellery and candles
- £1,000 from accountants Menzies LLP, Woking, who held various office events
- £1,761 from volunteers who wrapped Christmas presents at Woking Shopping Centre
- £1,584 from support services provider ISS, who raffled three Christmas cakes
- £270 from 1st Brookwood Scout Group, who went carol singing at Brookwood Station
Phil Wormley, hospice director of fundraising, said: “We are hugely grateful to receive these kind and generous donations.
“As a charity we are hugely reliant on such voluntary donations in order to continue to provide an invaluable service to the communities we serve across Surrey.’’
If you would like to become a Hospice Hero or find out more, visit www.wsbhospices.co.uk