The Woking News & Mail rose like a phoenix from the ashes in May 2011 after being closed down by the Guardian Media Group.
Philip Davies, a 66-year-old successful businessman, who started his career as a Saturday boy on the Woking News & Mail in Chertsey Road, decided the town deserved to have its newspaper brought back to life.
Woking’s independent, family-owned newspaper, is now published weekly by a small but dedicated team of journalists who have nearly 100 years’ experience between them working on some of the biggest newspapers in the country.
We have been overwhelmed by the number of kind messages of support we have received since the newspaper returned in April 2011.
We want your news and pictures, email email@example.com or call in at our offices 16, Lower Guildford Road, Knaphill – you will be made most welcome.
Don’t forget to place a regular order for your weekly Woking News & Mail with your local newsagent to guarantee you get a copy before they sell out.
Our Privacy Promise
We only collect personal information on a voluntary basis. We promise to:
- Only contact you by email or by phone.
- To never pass on your details to any other company without your expressed permission.
- To always allow you to opt-out and unsubscribe at any time.
Woking News and Mail believes that addressing customer and reader concerns about privacy online is important. The News and Mail treats information submitted through to the newspaper and our website as privileged and will not abuse this trust by providing this information to any third party.
Woking News and Mail does not offer, sell, lease, rent, loan, transfer, trade, publish, or provide any customer information to any third party. Woking News and Mail may disclose your personal information to any of its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. All Woking News and Mail employees or subcontractors that may come in contact with personal information are bound by a confidentiality agreement to ensure that they exercise the same level of care when handling your personal information.
Collection and use of information
By providing news content, artwork and/or other contact material, you acknowledge and consent to Woking News and Mail Limited collecting and processing data submitted by you, including the following data:
- Personal data (including contact details) submitted in paper or electronic forms including information provided at the time of first contacting our service, submitting feedback about our business, requesting further information or services or reporting a problem with the service provided.
- If you contact Woking News and Mail, a record of that correspondence may be kept.
- We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that published content is presented in the most effective manner for you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
Woking News and Mail uses all reasonable security measures to ensure that any and all personal information collected is protected. We take strong precautions to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data during transmission to this organisation and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Data quality and access
Woking News and Mail has an “open-door” policy regarding the maintenance of information we hold and use. Please contact us at any time in any manner to notify us of changes or to request removal from our database.
Woking News and Mail Ltd – May 2018